Concerned about the outcome of the last election? Want to get involved and help defend progressive values? We will be making periodic postings of ways you can get involved in a range of projects with various non-DFL organizations. (DFL events are listed on our DFL In the Know posts.)
Here are some upcoming events:
- Week of May 25 — Memorial Day is a day we remember service members. We remember they died to protect our freedom of speech, right to assemble and right to tell Rep. Paulsen what we think about the job he is doing. If you wonder what your calls and action are doing, check out this link that shows our district has moved from Likely Republican to Lean Republican. We’ve done that in 5 months, imagine what we can do before November 2018!The CBO came out today with their report on healthcare and no surprise, it’s awful. 23 million would go uninsured and older people would pay NINE times more in premiums than under Obamacare.
- HEALTHCARE — ISSUE & OPTIONAL SCRIPT: My name is _(Name)________ and I live in Rep. Paulsen’s district in _(City)________. I am calling to express my discontent with the healthcare bill that Rep. Paulsen voted for earlier this month. He voted without a CBO score and now that the score is out, the bill is just as bad as we thought. 23 million Americans will become uninsured and older Americans will pay 9 times more in premiums than they would under Obamacare. There is also a huge risk to people with pre-existing conditions and Rep. Paulsen has always said he would protect people with those. He went against everything he said he stood for and yet again voted party over country. He has voted with Trump 100% of the time and voters will remember that. Background. Have a safe and healthy holiday weekend and thank you to those of you who have served our country. We will not take the freedoms you provided for granted.
- Phone Numbers: 202.225.2871 (DC) or 952.405.8510 (MN).
- May 29, 5:00 PM — Memorial Day Town Hall hosted by Brian Santa Maria, Round Lake Park Shelter, 7500 Constitution Ave, Eden Prairie, MN 55344. More information and RSVP here. Brian Santa Maria is a candidate for the CD3 DFL endorsement.
- May 30, 12:00 PM— Resist Trump Tuesdays, Sen. Amy Klobuchar’s office, 1200 Washington Ave S, Unit 250, Minneapolis, MN 55414
- May 30, 6:30 PM — Meet Dean Phillips* at Southdale Library, 7001 York Ave S, Edina, MN 55435. More information and RSVP here. Dean Phillips is a candidate for CD3 DFL endorsement.
- May 31, 6:00 PM — I Stand with Planned Parenthood Action Forum, Council Chambers, Minnetonka City Center, 14600 Minnetonka, MN 55345, More information and RSVP here.
- May 31, 7:00 PM — Indivisible Northwest Neighbors United, Lunds & Byerly’s, 3455 Vicksburg Ln, N, Plymouth, MN 55447. More info here. (more…)