- 11 a.m. – U.S. Labor Secretary Thomas Perez will meet with Gov. Mark Dayton, St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman, Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges and U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison, as part of his “Lead on Leave” tour. The event takes place at an UCare facility on Stinson Boulevard. The independent, nonprofit health plan serves members in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- Gov. Dayton will meet with Speaker Kurt Daudt to begin negotiating the terms and details of the special session.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- May 31 – Stonewall DFL – Political Support Committee will meet at 1 p.m. to screen candidates for CD 2 at DFL Headquarters. A board meeting will follow the Political Support Meeting and will be voting on the recommendation of the Political Support Committee for CD 2 endorsement.
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
Save the date!
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 7 – Senate District 42 hosts “Pints and Politics,” 6 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1000 Gramsie Rd, Shoreview.
- June 14 – DFL Women’s Summit Hall of Fame, 11 a.m., Doubletree Bloomington, tickets available here.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
A legislative fight to the end, Rochester Post Bulletin
Minn. Legislature’s last-minute imbroglio playing with fire, Star Tribune
With a divided Legislature, what was and wasn’t passed in 2015, Star Tribune
Minnesota legislators hit deal by leaving out the man who had to sign it, Pioneer Press
Jobs bill includes $35,000 for Delano’s July 4 parade, Pioneer Press
2015 Legislature’s top moments, Pioneer Press
Former politicians react to Minnesota legislative session, MPR
Session a success or flop for Greater Minnesota, Grand Forks Herald
Top 10 missed opportunities of 2015 Legislature, Star Tribune
For Senate leader Bakk, end of session means time to repair some relationships, Star Tribune
2015 special session
Growing to-do list for state lawmakers, KARE
Talks between Gov, House Speaker begin Tuesday to avoid shutdown, WCCO
Daudt, Dayton hopeful ahead of special session, WCCO
With more budget vetoes, session and shutdown preparations begin, Capitol Chatter
Iowa Straw Poll loses its relevance, Star Tribune
Iowa Straw Poll on deathwatch? The Hill
County hit hard by ripple effects of state’s bird flu epidemic, Star Tribune
Klobuchar presents Bronze Star to family of WWII vet, KSTP
Dayton wrong on early-childhood education, Grand Forks Herald
Dayton proposes tax cut in exchange for more education money, WCCO
The elements of an E-12 deal for Minnesota are present, Star Tribune
Minnesota schools hoping cash for upkeep survives education bill veto, Pioneer Press
PoliGraph: Arguing for and against public pre-K, MPR
Mark Dayton visits Westview Elementary to push for pre-school expansion, Pioneer Press
Governor Dayton continues push to provide preschool for all, WCCO
Minnesota pilot project offers free ride to technical college, Star Tribune
Anderson: Dayton’s waterways interest draws attention, Star Tribune
Legacy bill heads to special session, Pioneer Press
GOP: Education veto overshadows successes of 2015 Legislature, Star Tribune
Minnesota Republicans block the way of true progress, Morrison County Record
Health and human services
Health care bill a victory for Greater Minnesota, West Central Tribune
Fed official to promote new-parent paid leave Tuesday in Minneapolis, Pioneer Press
Unions sort out wins, losses in legislative session, Workday Minnesota
Ireland first country to legalize same-sex marriage by popular vote, Fox 9
For MNsure, attracting small businesses is a big problem, Star Tribune
Ruling may gut ‘Obamacare,’ but Republicans would feel the heat if millions lose subsidies, Star Tribune
Minnesota State Auditor Rebecca Otto says hurried new bill would leave counties without an auditor, Star Tribune
Budget battle could put Minn. state park reservations at risk, KSTP
Minnesotans enjoying low gas prices – on crumbly roads, bridges, Star Tribune
Dayton vetoes ag-environment and jobs-energy bills, St. Cloud Times
Gov. Mark Dayton vetoes jobs, environment bills, Star Tribune
Dayton vetoes two more budget bills, MPR
Dayton vetoes agriculture-environment and jobs-energy bills, KSTP
LIKE the Minnesota DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL
Follow @MinnesotaDFL on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MinnesotaDFL
On INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/minnesotadfl