- 8 a.m. – TakeAction Minnesota and Minnesota Neighborhoods Organizing for Change (MN NOC) will lead a rally on the lawn of the State Capitol calling on the Minnesota legislature to pass voting rights restoration legislation this session. Over 47,000 Minnesotans are being denied their right to vote due to being on probation or parole and bills introduced in both the House and Senate this session enjoy broad bipartisan support.
- 10 a.m. – DEED will announce the state’s unemployment rate and employment figures for March 2015.
- 11 a.m. – The Minnesota Senate meets in session.
- Noon – Rally for transportation on the lawn in front of the State Capitol. Gov. Dayton and DFL legislators will speak.
- Noon – Gov. Dayton will provide remarks at the Minnesota Wild Playoff Pep Rally at Rice Park.
- 3:30 p.m. – The Minnesota House meets in session.
- 6 p.m. – Gov. Dayton will attend Mayor Chris Coleman’s “State of the City” address at the Ordway.
Save the date
- April 18 – DFL African American Caucus meeting. 10 a.m., Northeast Library, 2200 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis.
- April 19 – DFL Environmental Caucus planning meeting. 2 – 4 p.m., Burnhaven Library, 1101 West County Rd. 42, Burnsville.
- May 16 – First membership meeting of the DFL Environmental Caucus. 1 – 4 p.m., Maplewood Library, 3025 Southlawn Drive, Maplewood.
Events you won’t want to miss
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Minnesota House Republican budget poses a threat to the Iron Range, Grand Rapids Herald
The tax break for the rich that muddles Marco Rubio’s middle class message, The Washington Post
Dayton: Turkey flu outbreak might require disaster aid, Pioneer Press
Broadband grants are an odd target for GOP cuts, Star Tribune
Dayton on legislative budget plans: ‘unacceptable,’ ‘insulting,’ Pioneer Press
Tempers flare in House Environment Committee, Star Tribune
Quiz: Test your DFL history knowledge, Pioneer Press
Stadium head Kelm-Helgen under fire by House Republicans, Star Tribune
Fight for 15: Protest in Minneapolis for increased minimum wage, TC Daily Planet
Local Government Aid
Chris Coleman blasts GOP House move to cut aid to St. Paul, Pioneer Press
Major League Soccer
Minneapolis Urban League