- The Minnesota Legislature returns from spring recess.
- In the morning, Sen. Al Franken will be in Mankato to discuss his efforts to improve health care in rural communities, and later will visit an innovative local business to highlight the importance of energy efficiency.
- 10:30 a.m. – Gov. Dayton holds a press conference to release his 2015 Jobs Bill.
- 11 a.m. – State Sen. LeRoy Stumpf, DFL-Plummer, chief author of College Tuition Relief Bill, holds news conference. State Office Building, Room 181, St. Paul.
- Noon – The Minnesota House meets in session.
- Noon – The Minnesota Senate meets in session.
- 2 p.m. – Congressman Rick Nolan will hold a hearing in Duluth to discuss the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the effects it would have on jobs and the economy.
- 2:30 p.m. – Sen. Franken will visit Step One Foods in St. Louis Park to meet with company officials and local firefighters about their unique partnership designed to improve cardiac health among firefighters.
- 5:45 p.m. – The Senate Transportation Committee will hold an educational seminar at the University of Minnesota McNamara Alumni Center.
- 7 p.m. – Gov. Dayton will give the State of the State in the Minnesota House of Representatives’ Chamber.
- 7 p.m. – Conversation with former Congressman Barney Frank. Humphrey School of Public Affairs. Register here.
Save the date
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
At the Capitol: 24 key issues and where they stand right now, Pioneer Press
Dayton to detail bonding bill Tuesday, Pioneer Press
Angie Craig announces run for Congress in Minnesota 2nd District, Northfield News
Would-be candidates make most of fundraising rule, Star Tribune
Rand Paul announces presidential run, Washington Post
How is Scott Walker like Reagan? He’ll tell you, The New York Times
State Sen. Branden Petersen updated his profile picture to the “I Stand with Rand” campaign logo, representing support of Sen. Rand Paul for President. Petersen is viewed by Tea Party activists in Minnesota is a rising star. Morning Take
Bird flu hits two more Minnesota turkey farms, Star Tribune
Dayton to unveil $850-million bonding bill Tuesday, Star Tribune
Andersen Corp. to add jobs, expand facilities in Minnesota, Pioneer Press
Minnesota border cities want a better balance with the Dakotas, Prairie Business
The changing face of the heartland, The Brookings Institute
Equal Rights Amendment
April 2 letter to the editor printed in the Star Tribune where Reps. Pugh & Dettmer say the ERA violates the rights of the unborn:
Today in history
State of the State
The state of the state is. . . ., Pioneer Press
Report: Wisconsin worst in nation on shrinking middle class, The Cap Times