- Sen. Klobuchar will kick off a two-day competitive agenda tour across southern Minnesota to highlight economic and workforce development opportunities. Klobuchar will highlight her competitive agenda that includes expanding workforce training, strengthening STEM education, improving infrastructure, and strengthening rural health care. Today she’ll visit Chandler, Pipestone and Luverne.
- 11 a.m. – A group of Minnesota doctors will be at the State Capitol to remind state legislators that clean energy is closely tied to cleaner air, cleaner water, and better health. In an open letter they plan to deliver to every member of the House and Senate, the Twin Cities Medical Society states that emissions of power plants are adversely affecting our environment and impacting the health of Minnesota’s communities.
- Noon – Gov. Dayton and Lt. Gov. Smith will attend the Girl Scouts Women of Distinction event. Minneapolis Convention Center, 1301 2nd Ave. S, Minneapolis.
- 4 p.m. – Congressman Keith Ellison will hold a Voting Rights Forum to hear from community members and to discuss his constitutional amendment to protect voting rights. Emerge Career and Technology Center, 1834 Emerson Ave N, Minneapolis.
- 7 p.m. – Gov. Dayton will give the State of the State in the Minnesota House of Representatives’ Chamber.
Save the date
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Forum editorial: Greater Minnesota is watching, Fargo Forum
Paul’s 2016 bid banks on D.C. ire, The Hill
VoteVets gets into the 2016 race early, The Hill
Bakk suggests that Legacy funds pay farmers for buffers, Pioneer Press
Avian flu strikes Kandiyohi County, West Central Tribune
DFL senator renews push for tuition aid at 2-year colleges, Pioneer Press
Adding Minnesota jobs without hurting water quality, Star Tribune
Another candidate steps into state GOP leadership race, Star Tribune
Bakk: Modest bonding bill, if at all, Star Tribune
Mark Dayton’s construction plan faces obstacles, Pioneer Press
Free screening April 17 of film on Wisconsin protests, Workday Minnesota
A real conversation about MSP workers is unfolding, Star Tribune
Alan Page leaving Supreme Court to focus on youth, Pioneer Press