- 2 pm — Lt. Gov. Tina Smith and the Department of Employment and Economic Development will announce new funding dedicated to training Minnesotans for good jobs. Anoka County Workforce Center, Blaine Human Services Center, 1201 89th Avenue NE, Suite 235, Room 224.
- Today: Governor Dayton will also interview candidates for the Third Judicial District vacancy.
- This Week: Senator Al Franken and Representative Betty McCollum are headed to Africa
Mark Your Calendars
- Aug. 20 – The Hennepin County DFL Senior Caucus will meet at 12:30 p.m. at Maria’s Cafe, 1113 E Franklin Ave., Minneapols.
- Aug. 22 — A Minnesota Seniors’ Legislative Issues Forum will be held at Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Rd, in Eagan, from 2 – 4 p.m. The event is free and sponsored by The DFL CD 2 Outreach/Inclusion Committee and DFL Southwest Metro Senior Caucus. Sen. John Marty (DFL-Roseville), Sen. Jim Carlson (DFL-Eagan), Sen. Kevin Dahle (DFL-Northfield), Rep. Debra Hilstrom (DFL-Brooklyn Center), and Rep. Sandy Masin (DFL-Eagan) will speak about legislation benefiting seniors’ income, health, transit, and housing, as well as advocacy that can be done for upcoming legislative efforts.
- Aug. 22 – The DFL African American Caucus will meet. Time and location TBD.
- Aug. 26 — The Herstoric March on Women’s Equality Day will start at St. Stephen and the Incarnation Episcopal Church in Washington D.C. following the 8 a.m. blessing of the walkers. Many will accompany Helene de Boissiere Swanson for the final four miles of this 7,000 mile spiritual pilgrimage to the U.S. Capitol to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment. The four-mile route passing the White House and on to the Upper Senate Park at National Mall where top feminists and human rights activists will hold a press conference, and then rally for the ERA.
- Aug. 29 — The Democratic National Committee (DNC) Seniors Coordination Council will meet at the Hilton Minneapolis Hilton at 1001 Marquette Ave. S. from 10 a.m. to noon. Admission is free. For more information contact DFL Senior Caucus Vice Chair Karla Sand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DNC presidential primary debates
- Oct. 13 – CNN – Nevada
- Nov. 14 – CBS/KCCI/Des Moines Register – Des Moines, IA
- Dec. 19 – ABC/WMUR – Manchester, NH
- Jan. 17 – NBC/Congressional Black Caucus Institute – Charleston, SC
- February or March – Univision/Washington Post – Miami, FL
- February or March – PBS – Wisconsin
Mille Lacs Lake
Minnesota Supreme Court
University of MN