Mark your calendars
- August 25th- Sen. Amy Klobuchar will hold three book signings this week at Magers & Quinn, on Friday at the Unity Church Sancutary in St. Paul, and Saturday at Barnes and Noble at the Mall of America.
- Aug. 26 – The Herstoric March on Women’s Equality Day will start at St. Stephen and the Incarnation Episcopal Church in Washington D.C. following the 8 a.m. blessing of the walkers. Many will accompany Helene de Boissiere Swanson for the final four miles of this 7,000 mile spiritual pilgrimage to the U.S. Capitol to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment. The four-mile route passing the White House and on to the Upper Senate Park at National Mall where top feminists and human rights activists will hold a press conference, and then rally for the ERA.
- Aug. 26 – There is a free screening of the Oscar nominated film “Selma” at Capri Theater, 2027 W Broadway Ave, Minneapolis, at 6 p.m. Following the screening will be a panel discussion featuring Congressman Keith Ellison and other leaders from the Twin Cities civil rights community.
- Aug. 29 – The Democratic National Committee (DNC) Seniors Coordination Council will meet at the Hilton Minneapolis Hilton at 1001 Marquette Ave. S. from 10 a.m. to noon. Admission is free. For more information contact DFL Senior Caucus Vice Chair Karla Sand at email@example.com.
- Sept. 1st- Congressman Keith Ellison will host a celebration for the Clean Power Plan from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at the Colin Powell Center. It’s time to take a look at what the Clean Power Plan will mean for Minnesota – and how we are positioned to become a national leader in meeting and exceeding its requirements.
- DNC presidential primary debates
- Oct. 13 – CNN – Nevada
- Nov. 14 – CBS/KCCI/Des Moines Register – Des Moines, IA
- Dec. 19 – ABC/WMUR – Manchester, NH
- Jan. 17 – NBC/Congressional Black Caucus Institute – Charleston, SC
- February or March – Univision/Washington Post – Miami, FL
- February or March – PBS – Wisconsin
Minnesota schools have long supply wishlists, Star Tribune
Iran Nuclear Deal
Rep. Rick Nolan: I support the Iran deal, Star Tribune
SEN. AMY KLOBUCHAR: Iran nuclear deal is ‘our best available option’, Grand Forks Herald
What might be next for Sen. Amy Klobuchar?, Star Tribune