- 8:30 am — Sen. Amy Klobuchar will be on WCCO Radio at 8:30 this morning discussing her new book.
- 8:30 am — Governor Mark Dayton will provide remarks at Pain.Pill.Problem, a prescription drug abuse summit at the University of Minnesota (Northrop Auditorium, University of Minnesota, 84 Church Street Southeast, Minneapolis). This event is open to the press.
- 10:00 am — Minnesota Department of Natural Resources gives media a sneak peek at its Forestry Division State Fair exhibit which is getting its first big makeover in 20 years. Location: DNR Building, Minnesota State Fair, 1740 Carnes Ave.
- 10:00 am — The Legislative Task Force on Child Protection will meet to review recommendations in the Final Report of the Governor’s Task force on the Protection of Children.
- 11:30 am to 1:00 pm — USDA Deputy Under-secretary Katie Wilson visits Brainerd Public Schools Food Service to celebrate recent successes in Farm to Schools and Summer Food Service Programs. Location: Washington Educational Services Building, cafeteria, lower level, 804 Oak St.
- 12:00 pm — Lt. Governor Smith will provide remarks at the New Prague Education Minnesota luncheon
- 3:00 to 5:00 pm — Public invited to help celebrate the 99th birthday of the National Park Service with Voyageurs National Park Association and park staff. Location: Kabetogama Lake Visitor Center
- 7:00 pm — U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar will introduce her new book, The Senator Next Door: A Memoir from the Heartland at Magers & Quinn book store
Mark your calendars
- This week — Sen. Amy Klobuchar will hold book signings on Friday at the Unity Church Sanctuary in St. Paul, and Saturday at Barnes and Noble at the Mall of America.
- Aug. 26 — The Historic March on Women’s Equality Day will start at St. Stephen and the Incarnation Episcopal Church in Washington D.C. following the 8 a.m. blessing of the walkers. Many will accompany Helene de Boissiere Swanson for the final four miles of this 7,000 miles spiritual pilgrimage to the U.S. Capitol to promote the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment. The four-mile route passing the White House and on to the Upper Senate Park at National Mall where top feminists and human rights activists will hold a press conference, and then rally for the ERA.
- Aug. 26 — There is a free screening of the Oscar nominated film “Selma” at Capri Theater, 2027 W Broadway Ave, Minneapolis, at 6 p.m. Following the screening will be a panel discussion featuring Congressman Keith Ellison and other leaders from the Twin Cities civil rights community.
- Aug. 29 — The Democratic National Committee (DNC) Seniors Coordination Council will meet at the Hilton Minneapolis Hilton at 1001 Marquette Ave. S. from 10 a.m. to noon. Admission is free. For more information contact DFL Senior Caucus Vice Chair Karla Sand firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sept. 1 — Congressman Keith Ellison will host a celebration for the Clean Power Plan from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm at the Colin Powell Center. It’s time to take a look at what the Clean Power Plan will mean for Minnesota – and how we are positioned to become a national leader in meeting and exceeding its requirements.
- Sept. 20 — 14th annual Congressional District 2 Fundraiser at “The Wilds” in Prior Lake. Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon will be the keynote speaker. Silent Auction begins at 4pm and dinner starts at 6. Register by clicking HERE.
- DNC presidential primary debates
- Oct. 13 – CNN – Nevada
- Nov. 14 – CBS/KCCI/Des Moines Register – Des Moines, IA
- Dec. 19 – ABC/WMUR – Manchester, NH
- Jan. 17 – NBC/Congressional Black Caucus Institute – Charleston, SC
- February or March – Univision/Washington Post – Miami, FL
- February or March – PBS – Wisconsin
MN Secretary of State
Secretary of State talks business in Bemidji, Bemidji Pioneer
MN State Fair
Find politicos at the Minnesota State Fair, Pioneer Press
Why Don’t More State Auditors Run for Higher Office?, Governing News
Lawmakers want release of Teague investigation, Pioneer Press
Firm that vetted Norwood Teague deflects criticism, KARE
Twin Cities Pill Conference