- 11:00 am – Governor Mark Dayton will meet with commissioners and staff throughout the day. Governor Dayton will provide remarks at the Minnesota Environmental Partnership
- 3:00pm – The newly formed Legislative Working group on Mille Lacs Lake will have their first meeting in State Office Building, Room 10
- 6:30 pm – Governor Dayton will attend a National Night Out Block Party.
- Today – Lt. Governor Tina Smith will visit Farmfest and deliver a keynote address on the importance of rural broadband Internet access. While at Farmfest, Lt. Governor Smith also will convene a meeting of the Governor’s Rural Broadband Task Force.
- Tonight – MNsure grantee organizations will be available to talk with Minnesotans about the benefits of MNsure at National Night Out events
Save the Date
- Aug. 9 – An Environmental Awareness Picnic will be held at the Environmental Learning Center, from 2:00 to 6:00 pm at 13,500 Dakota Ave S, in Savage. The event is free and sponsored by Senate Districts 55, 56 and Scott County DFL.
- August 22 – A MN Seniors’ Legislative Issues Forum will be held at Wescott Library, from 2:00 to 4:00 pm, at 1340 Wescott Rd, in Eagan. The event is free and sponsored by the DFL CD 2 Outreach/Inclusion Committee and DFL Southwest Metro Senior Caucus. Senator Jim Carlson (D-Eagan), Rep. Sandy Masin (D-Eagan), and Rep. Deborah Hillstrom (D-Brooklyn Center), will be present to speak about 2015/16 MN legislation benefiting seniors’ income, health, transit, and housing, as well as advocacy that can be done for upcoming legislative efforts.