- 5:00 pm – Governor Dayton will provide remarks and present a proclamation at the Create a Memory 29th Anniversary Celebration at Target Field.
- Throughout the day — Governor Dayton will meet with commissioners and staff.
- Throughout the day — Lt. Governor Tina Smith will meet with commissioners and staff.
Save the Date
- Aug. 6 – A celebration of the Voting Rights Act will take place in North Minneapolis from 5:00 – 7:30 pm at the Harrison Neighborhood Association: 503 Irving Ave. The event, which will be kicked off by Congressman Keith Ellison, will include a panel discussion on voting rights, powerful performances on today’s struggles to reduce barriers and expand access to voting, reflections from the audience interpreted through improv from The Theater of Public Policy, and a call to action to vote and to be engaged in community effort”
- Aug. 9 – An Environmental Awareness Picnic will be held at the Environmental Learning Center, from 2 to 6 p.m. at 13,500 Dakota Ave S, in Savage. The event is free and sponsored by Senate Districts 55, 56 and Scott County DFL.
- August 22 – A MN Senior’ Legislative Issues Forum will be held at Wescott Library, from 2:00 to 4;00 pm, at 1340
- Wescott Rd, in Eagan. The event is free and sponsored by The DFL CD 2 Outreach/Inclusion Committee and DFL Southwest Metro Senior Caucus. Senator Jim Carlson (D-Eagan), Rep. Sandy Masin (D-Eagan), and Rep. Deborah Hillstrom (D-Brooklyn Center), will be present to speak about 2015/16 MN legislation benefiting seniors’ income, health, transit, and housing, as well as advocacy that can be done for upcoming legislative efforts.
Mille Lacs Lake