- 9 a.m. – Justice Wilhelmina Wright will be confirmed to the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
- 12:30 p.m. – The Minnesota DFL Senior Caucus will gather for a social lunch from 12:30 to 2 p.m. at the Riverside Perkins, I-94 & Riverside Ave, Minneapolis.
- 2:30 p.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith and the DNR will announce a new partnership for the rehabilitation and reuse of 26 historic buildings on the Upper Post of Fort Snelling. Upper Post of Fort Snelling, Post Administration Building.
- House DFL Leader Paul Thissen will travel to Little Falls to meet with Don Hickman, vice president of Community and Economic Development. In Brainerd, Rep. Thissen will meet with resort owners
- Gov. Dayton will travel to Washington D.C. for a meeting of the Council of Governors. He is scheduled to return to Minnesota July 23.
Mark your calendars
- July 25 – The Kanabec County DFL will host our annual Post-Parade Reception at the Masonic Hall, 800 S Union St, Mora. The parade begins at 4:30 p.m. Join the Kanabec DFL for hotdogs and discussion.
- July 28 – The Twin Cities Labor Chorus will host the 2015 Labor Sing at the AFL-CIO’s pavilion on the Minnesota State Fair grounds at 7 p.m.
- July 30 – The Minnesota Nurses Association would like to cordially invite you to the Medicare turns 50 Birthday BBQ Bash on Thursday, July 30 from 5 – 8 p.m. in St. Paul. Medicare is an American as apple pie (Protect Improve Expand Medicare) so join us for an all American birthday BBQ, as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Medicare, one of the greatest social safety net pieces of legislation ever signed into law and what we hope to be the basis of a single payer system for our entire nation. Highland Park Picnic Shelter, 1227 Montreal Ave. St. Paul.
- Aug. 9 – An Environmental Awareness Picnic will be held at the Environmental Learning Center, from 2 to 6 p.m. at 13,500 Dakota Ave S, in Savage. The event is free and sponsored by Senate Districts 55, 56 and Scott County DFL.
Ohio Gov. Kasich joins GOP race with message of conservatism, compassion, The Washington Post
Your online guide to John Kasich, The Washington Post
John Kasich’s three big problems, The Washington Post
Trump success annoys GOP, The Hill
Democrats want to make Obama’s community college plan a big 2016 issue, Business Insider
Mark Dayton: More money for youngest learners, Pioneer Press
Walleye season on Mille Lacs faces early shutdown, Star Tribune
CEO pay: Moving up on its own momentum, Star Tribune
Home stretch: Obama, Jon Stewart share moment of senioritis, The Washington Post
A 2nd covert video targets Planned Parenthood on fetal parts, Pioneer Press
Ranked Choice Voting
McConnell and Boxer reach highway deal, The Washington Post
Senators reach deal on highway bill, The Hill
Senate negotiators reach highway bill deal; action delayed, Pioneer Press