Events Happening Today
- At 8:30 am Lt. Governor Tina Smith will join DNR Commissioner Tom Landwehr for part of a 122-mile “Prairie Pedal” Bike Ride from Luverne to Marshall.
- At 10:00 am Governor Mark Dayton will attend a meeting of the Diversity and Inclusion Council.
- At 12:30 pm, Lt. Governor Smith and Commissioner Landwehr will attend a picnic at Split Rock Creek State Park.
- At 3:00 pm, the Lt. Governor will meet with members of Luverne Initiatives For Tomorrow (LIFT) and area elected officials to discuss economic development and community issues.
Save the Date
- Aug. 9 – An Environmental Awareness Picnic will be held at the Environmental Learning Center, from 2 to 6 p.m. at 13,500 Dakota Ave S, in Savage. The event is free and sponsored by Senate Districts 55, 56 and Scott County DFL.
2016 Democrat Candidates
Congressman Rick Nolan
- U.S. Rep. Rick Nolan took to the floor of the House late this afternoon to speak for Democrats during the Motion to Recommit on H.R. 427, the REINS Act. Denouncing the Republican bill, Nolan argued that it would effectively cripple the nation’s regulatory process for Social Security and Medicare, along with food, medicine, worker health and safety rules. The bill later passed the House by a margin of 243 to 165. President Obama has promised a veto if the bill reaches his desk. Click “Here” to view his speech.
Minnesota public health care bidding saves taxpayers $450 million, Pioneer Press
Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon will convene the first meeting of the Elections Emergency Planning Task Force, which was created by the legislature to ensure that Minnesota is prepared if a natural disaster, blizzard, or other large scale incident occurs affecting an election. Click “Here” for the list of people on the task force.
Like CD3 DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/DFL3CD
Follow @DFLCD3 on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/DFL3CD