Events Happening Today
- 9:30 am — Lt. Governor Tina Smith will chair a public meeting of the Destination Medical Center Corporation board.
- 10:00 am — The Department of Public Safety will hold a media availability to discuss the increased fine for texting and driving
- 5:30 pm — Lt. Governor and Gov. Dayton will attend the Minnesota Nurses Association “Medicare Turn 50” Barbeque.
Save The Date:
- Aug. 9 — An Environmental Awareness Picnic will be held at the Environmental Learning Center, from 2 to 6 p.m. at 13,500 Dakota Ave S, in Savage. The event is free and sponsored by Senate Districts 55, 56 and Scott County DFL.
Mille Lacs Lake
- Minnesota student test scores show little change, Star Tribune
- Statewide testing shows little change in student scores, MPR
- In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act of 1965, Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon will honor five Minnesotans who helped make the historic legislation a reality at a ceremony in Saint Paul next week…Secretary Simon will honor civil rights pioneer Dr. Josie Johnson and the four surviving members of the 1965 Minnesota congressional delegation.
Voting Rights Act
- 50th anniversary of Voting Rights Act is time to look ahead, Star Tribune
Like CD3 DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/DFL3CD
Follow @DFLCD3 on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/DFL3CD