- 10:30 a.m. – DFL Chairman Ken Martin meets with the editor of the Brainerd Dispatch.
- 1 p.m. – DFL Chairman Ken Martin meets with members of the St. Cloud Times editorial board.
- 3 p.m. – The Saint Paul Regional Labor Federation and the Saint Paul Building & Construction Trades Council will break ground on their new home, 385 W 7th St., St. Paul.
- 6:30 p.m. – Senate District 42 DFL will host a prevailing wage/right to work forum at the Roseville Library, 2180 N Hamline Ave., Roseville.
Mark your calendars
- July 12 – The Congressional District 2 DFL will host a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Legislative Issues Forum from 2 – 4 p.m. at the Galaxie Library, 14955 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley. For further information, contact Terry Friedrichs, CD 2 Outreach/Inclusion Committee, at 612-859-9676.
- July 14 – Minnesota Health Commissioner Ed Ehlinger will visit Forest Lake to host the latest in his series of popular “Pitch the Commissioner” events, in which he talks about public health with community members over a friendly game of horseshoes. The Washington County “Pitch the Commissioner” event will start with horseshoe pitching at 1 p.m. at the Forest Lake VFW, 556 12th St. SW, in Forest Lake. Participants can pitch their ideas to Commissioner Ehlinger about improving the public health in their community and how the state can help them accomplish their goals, while pitching horseshoes. The games of horseshoes will be followed by two presentations at Forest Lake City Hall, located at 1408 Lake Street South. The first presentation will be a 20-minute HealthUP! Community presentation by Fairview Health Services and their community partners. Commissioner Ehlinger will then lead a discussion on “What Does Minnesota Need to be Healthy?” Following the presentations, there will be an opportunity to visit and discuss the issues over refreshments.
- July 25 – The Kanabec County DFL will host our annual Post-Parade Reception at the Masonic Hall, 800 S Union St, Mora. The parade begins at 4:30 p.m. Join the Kanabec DFL for hotdogs and discussion.
- July 30 – The Minnesota Nurses Association would like to cordially invite you to the Medicare turns 50 Birthday BBQ Bash on Thursday, July 30 from 5 – 8 p.m. in St. Paul. Medicare is an American as apple pie (Protect Improve Expand Medicare) so join us for an all American birthday BBQ, as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Medicare, one of the greatest social safety net pieces of legislation ever signed into law and what we hope to be the basis of a single payer system for our entire nation. Highland Park Picnic Shelter, 1227 Montreal Ave. St. Paul.
Blame for session’s failure falls on Republicans, Duluth News Tribune
Sanders will rebuild middle class, St. Cloud Times
Clinton campaign adds 20 paid Iowa staffers, The Des Moines Register
Near launch, Walker team sees Bush, Rubio as 2016 competition, The Washington Post
Secretary of State
Secretary of State talks business in his visit to St. James, St. James Plaindealer
Study could shed light on best use of St. Cloud airport, St. Cloud Times
LIKE the Minnesota DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL
Follow @MinnesotaDFL on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MinnesotaDFL
On INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/minnesotadfl