- 8:30 a.m. – Congressman Keith Ellison will join others at the Mexican Consulate in St. Paul. The Consulate will host a celebration of the remarkable success that the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program which the Obama administration established to provide temporary protection from deportation for unauthorized immigrants who arrived as children.
- 10 a.m. – The Supreme Court is expected to hand down one or more decisions, the first of two batches this week. We’re awaiting potentially landmark judgments involving gay marriage, Obamacare subsidies or lethal injection.
Save the date!
- June 23 – The Bloomington Progressive Issues Forum, 5:30 p.m., Davanni’s Pizza and Hoagies, 8605 Lyndale Ave. S., Bloomington.
- June 28 – Seventh Annual Family Picnic of the DFL Senior Caucus, noon – 3 p.m., Brookview Park, Golden Valley.
- July 12 – Tickets are now on sale for the 3rd Annual Jackie Stevenson Dinner in Bloomington. Get more information here.
Bakk’s dealmaking this year perturbed his caucus, Star Tribune
2015 special session
Special session of unusual setting, suspense wraps up, Star Tribune
Incendiary environment bill exposes heated divisions, Star Tribune
Gallery: Special session, Star Tribune
Dayton’s vetoes yield better legislative results, Star Tribune
Jobs bill headed to governor despite environmental qualms, Pioneer Press
After long day, legislators pass budget bills and go home, Pioneer Press
Looking back at 2015 session and ahead to 2016, Pioneer Press
Dayton to sign bills passed in special session, Pioneer Press
Deep in budget bills, hidden nuggets found, Pioneer Press
Education bill passes House amid bipartisan praise, Pioneer Press
The GOP field: We made a top 10 list, but really, at this point, it’s just three, The Washington Post
In handout, Republican House doueses Dayton, Pioneer Press
Iowa Straw Poll cancelled after waning interest from candidates, Washington Post
Iowa Straw Poll
Michele Bachmann helped kill the Iowa Straw Poll, Daily Beast
Former legislator Dean Johnson to lead UMN Board of Regents, Pioneer Press
Legacy bill approved, Pioneer Press