- Commerce Commissioner Michael Rothman is in Washington, DC, to participate in the 2015 White House Elder Justice Forum with U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch. The Forum will focus on strategies to prevent and address elder abuse, neglect and exploitation. The Forum will provide input for the 2015 White Conference on Aging.
Save the date!
- June 20 – The DFL African-American Caucus is looking for volunteers to help with voter registration at Juneteenth. 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., North Mississippi Regional Park, 5114 North Mississippi Drive, Minneapolis. For more information contact Secretary.DFLAAC@gmail.com.
- June 20 – Stonewall DFL will be tabling at the Brainerd Pride Picnic from 2 – 5 p.m. at Lum Park.
- June 23 – The Bloomington Progressive Issues Forum, 5:30 p.m., Davanni’s Pizza and Hoagies, 8605 Lyndale Ave. S., Bloomington.
- June 27 – Stonewall DFL will at Twin Cities Pride from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on the festival grounds in Loring Park. For additional information, contact Gerald Strauss at gerald.strauss@gmail.
- June 28 – Stonewall DFL will at Twin Cities Pride from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on the festival grounds in Loring Park. They will also march in the parade at 11 a.m. For additional information, contact Gerald Strauss at gerald.strauss@gmail.
- June 28 – Seventh Annual Family Picnic of the DFL Senior Caucus, noon – 3 p.m., Brookview Park, Golden Valley.
- July 12 – Tickets are now on sale for the 3rd Annual Jackie Stevenson Dinner in Bloomington. Get more information here.
2015 special session
Budget bills passed during special session avert shutdown, Minnesota Budget Project
Dealing behind closed doors, Pioneer Press
Despite working with a nearly $2 billion surplus this year, the House GOP majority got in the way of the legislature addressing Minnesota’s
serious transportation issues, and prioritized tax cuts for the rich over investing in Minnesota students. YouTube
The 2016 GOP primary is basically the most wide open race ever, The Washington Post
Six takeaways from Bush launch, The Hill
Scott Walker will likely announce he is running on July 13, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Federal panel backs $60 million for American Indian schools, Pioneer Press
Labor buys ‘thank you’ ads for lawmakers who blocked Obama trade pact, The Washington Post
Medical device tax
How to sound like you know what you are talking about on trade, The Washington Post
LIKE the Minnesota DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL
Follow @MinnesotaDFL on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MinnesotaDFL
On INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/minnesotadfl