- 3 p.m. – The House Ways and Means Committee and Senate Finance Committee will hold a joint hearing to conduct an informal walk through of the bills to be heard during special session. Room 200, State Office Building.
- Lt. Gov. Smith will tour the Mercy Hospital emergency center and discuss mental health issues
- 9 a.m. – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 E Cope Ave., Maplewood.
- 5:30 p.m. – The 4th Annual Humphrey Mondale Dinner, Hilton, Minneapolis.
- 6 p.m. – Senate District 42 hosts “Pints and Politics,” Hampton Inn, 1000 Gramsie Rd, Shoreview.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- June 9 – The June meeting of the North Metro Chapter of the DFL Senior Caucus will be held at the Little Venetian Inn in Little Canada at 11:30 a.m.
- June 20 – The June meeting of the African-American Caucus will be held at Pierre Bottineau Library, 55 Broadway St. NE, Minneapolis at 10 a.m.
Save the date!
- June 14 – DFL Women’s Hall of Fame, 11 a.m., Doubletree Bloomington, tickets available here.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
2015 special session
See a list of the bonding projects here.
Where Rick Perry stands on the issues, Star Tribune
FEC questions Rep. Tom Emmer over 1Q reports, Star Tribune
The economy added 280,000 jobs in May, The Hill
Minnesota colleges face challenge in getting extra state cash, Winona Daily News
The Sandpiper Pipeline: In favor and opposed, Star Tribune
Franken finds sandwich shop’s noncompete rule ridiculous, Star Tribune
Secretary of State Simon
Secretary of State travels around state, talks about domestic violence in A.L., Austin Daily News
Hillary Clinton calls for sweeping expansion of voter access, The Washington Post