- Today kicks off the last full week of the 2015 Legislative Session. Legislators must adjourn by midnight next Monday.
- 11 a.m. – The Minnesota Senate meets in session.
- 2 p.m. – Congressmen Keith Ellison, Rick Nolan and Tim Walz will join Move MN and state leaders will discuss Minnesota’s deteriorating infrastructure and the lack of reliable funding to fix it.
- 3:30 p.m. – The Minnesota House of Representatives meets in session.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- May 12 – The North Metro Chapter of the DFL Senior Caucus will meet at 11:30 a.m. at Little Venetian Inn, Little Canada. Ramsey County Commissioner Mary Jo McGuire and Ramsey County Deputy Manager Heather Worthington will discuss the Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant redevelopment.
- May 16 – The DFL African-American Caucus will meet at 10 a.m., Golden Thyme Coffee House, 921 Selby Ave, St. Paul.
- May 16 – The DFL Environmental Caucus will hold a membership meeting, noon, Powderhorn Recreation Center, 3400 15th Ave. S, Minneapolis.
- May 21 – MYDFL Central Committee meeting, 6:15 p.m., Rondo Community Library, 461 N Dale St., St. Paul.
- May 21 – The Hennepin County DFL Senior Caucus will meet at 12:30 p.m. at Maria’s Cafe, 1113 E Franklin Ave., Mineapolis. The speaker will be Lee Graczyk, lead organizer for RxRights.org. He is knowledgeable on the politics of Prescription Medicine.
Events you won’t want to miss!
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Private state budget talks resume at Capitol, Star Tribune
Lawmakers face a busy final week at the Capitol, Pioneer Press
Minnesota’s budget compromise – it’s out there, somewhere, Pioneer Press
Crunch time at the State Capitol. Advantage: Dayton, Star Tribune
Politics, faith bind Scott Walker, Paul Ryan, Pioneer Press
Why are House Republicans targeting college students? St. Cloud Times
Walleye welcome: Hundreds turn out for Governor’s Fishing Opener on Lake Vermilion, Duluth News Tribune
Governor Dayton kicks off the 2015 fishing opener, Northland News Center
Losing candidate has it wrong, Fargo Forum
Health and human services
No compromise yet for MNsure, MinnesotaCare, West Central Tribune
Health care numbers on Legislature’s Sunday docket, Pioneer Press
Budget deal rests on health and human services spending, St. Cloud Times
Teachers union case could reshape labor law, Star Tribune
Lake Vermilion State Park
Dayton, Pawlenty join groundbreaking at Minnesota’s newest park, Albert Lea Tribune
Local government aid
Duluth local government aid cuts are a rotten precedent, Star Tribune
Minnesota National Guard
Steve Simon’s passion for the vote, American Jewish World
Who pays estate taxes? WCCO
Coon Rapids mom gets call from Obama, Star Tribune
LIKE the Minnesota DFL on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/MinnesotaDFL
Follow @MinnesotaDFL on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MinnesotaDFL
On INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/minnesotadfl