- Gov. Dayton and Lt. Gov. Smith will have breakfast with a delegation of African-American clergy and community leaders for a breakfast meeting at the Governor’s Residence.
- 9:15 a.m. – Budget negations resume.
- 10 a.m. – The Minnesota House of Representatives meets in session.
- 11 a.m. – The Minnesota Senate meets in session.
- 7 p.m. – All four legislative leaders will appear on “Almanac.”
Constituency Caucus meetings
- May 16 – The DFL African-American Caucus will meet at 10 a.m., Golden Thyme Coffee House, 921 Selby Ave, St. Paul.
- May 16 – The DFL Environmental Caucus will hold a membership meeting, noon, Powderhorn Recreation Center, 3400 15th Ave. S, Minneapolis.
- May 21 – MYDFL Central Committee meeting, 6:15 p.m., Rondo Community Library, 461 N Dale St., St. Paul.
- May 21 – The Hennepin County DFL Senior Caucus will meet at 12:30 p.m. at Maria’s Cafe, 1113 E Franklin Ave., Minneapolis. The speaker will be Lee Graczyk, lead organizer for RxRights.org. He is knowledgeable on the politics of Prescription Medicine.
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
Events you won’t want to miss!
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Talks spill into Friday with on resolution, Pioneer Press
Bakk: Maybe not enough time to pass taxes, transportation, Pioneer Press
Last minute advice for deal makes: Save surplus, fix roads, Pioneer Press
Background for the session’s final days, Pioneer Press
‘Progress’ and ‘special session’ in same legislative sentence, Duluth News Tribune
Special session looms in St. Paul, Duluth News Tribune
How House Republicans are screwing rural voters, Part 3, mn progressive project
While the House has moved away from killing MinnesotaCare, the Senate may be softening on the gas tax, however Gov. Dayton’s insistence on universal Pre-K remains the biggest obstacle to a deal. morning take
Wisconsin’s Feingold to run for U.S. Senate, Pioneer Press
Jeb Bush, the incompetent candidate, Star Tribune
Higher ed target reached in budget talks, Pioneer Press
MSU students walk to Capitol to urge higher ed funding, Mankato Free Press
Minnesota schools petition to start before Labor Day, Pioneer Press
A hypothesis about Kurt Daudt, mn progressive project
House votes to ratify labor agreements, compensation plans, Session Daily
Safe at Home
Secretary of State discusses Safe at Home program with The Refuge Network, Isanti County News
Dibble, Kent: DFL transportation plan does what’s needed, Pioneer Press