- 9:30 a.m. – Gov. Dayton and Lt. Gov. Smith will provide remarks at the Hmong Lao Veterans Memorial Groundbreaking, State Capitol Lawn.
- 11 a.m. – Gov. Dayton and Lt. Gov. Smith will hold a media availability.
- 11 a.m. – The Minnesota House of Representatives meets in session.
- Noon – The Minnesota Senate meets in session.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- May 16 – The DFL African-American Caucus will meet at 10 a.m., Golden Thyme Coffee House, 921 Selby Ave, St. Paul.
- May 16 – The DFL Environmental Caucus will hold a membership meeting, noon, Powderhorn Recreation Center, 3400 15th Ave. S, Minneapolis.
- May 21 – MYDFL Central Committee meeting, 6:15 p.m., Rondo Community Library, 461 N Dale St., St. Paul.
- May 21 – The Hennepin County DFL Senior Caucus will meet at 12:30 p.m. at Maria’s Cafe, 1113 E Franklin Ave., Minneapolis. The speaker will be Lee Graczyk, lead organizer for RxRights.org. He is knowledgeable on the politics of Prescription Medicine.
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
Events you won’t want to miss!
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
So what makes a special session so special? Session Daily
Packing up at the State Capitol, Almanac
Legislative leaders on Almanac, Almanac
Legislators’ budget agreement
Schools hold out hope for funding increase, Pioneer Press
Deal reached over Minnesota wild rice sulfate standards, Pioneer Press
Health and human services
Understand legislators’ core values before choosing representation, Woodbury Bulletin
Postal workers rally for customers and a fair contract, Workday Minnesota
District deserves better than John Kline, Hastings Star Gazette