Constituency Caucus meetings
- May 21 – MYDFL Central Committee meeting, 6:15 p.m., Rondo Community Library, 461 N Dale St., St. Paul.
- May 21 – The Hennepin County DFL Senior Caucus will meet at 12:30 p.m. at Maria’s Cafe, 1113 E Franklin Ave., Minneapolis. The speaker will be Lee Graczyk, lead organizer for RxRights.org. He is knowledgeable on the politics of Prescription Medicine.
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
Save the date!
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 7 – Senate District 42 hosts “Pints and Politics,” 6 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1000 Gramsie Rd, Shoreview
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Frenzied session ends with work left undone, Star Tribune
Photos of the session’s last minutes, Pioneer Press
Despite chaotic end to session, leaders say key bills passed, Pioneer Press
Session ends in chaos, Pioneer Press
Session at a glance by the numbers, Pioneer Press
The final hour of the legislative session becomes very entertaining TV and Twitter. Sleep has been short, and last night the final minutes of the session resulted in the Senate President slipping with a “shit” from the chair, to House DFLers screaming at the Speaker in the final moments of debate – just like the GOP has done when in the minority in previous years at the deadline. The Senate ended with a speech about the history the chamber, while the House ended in a screaming battle between the DFLers and the Speaker. morning take
2015 special session
St. Paul Hotel: We’ll host your special session for free, Pioneer Press
House Chambers are no more, Pioneer Press
House doubles down on reopening chambers next year, Pioneer Press
The seniors are coming to Twin Cities housing, Star Tribune
Educators both praise and fret over Dayton’s veto promise, Pioneer Press
Legislators toss fate of MNsure to task force, Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal
Tax the rich: An animated fairy tale, is narrated by Ed Asner, with animation by Mike Konopacki. Written and directed by Fred Glass for the California Federation of Teachers. An eight minute video about how we arrived at this moment of poorly funded public services and widening economic inequality. Things go downhill in a happy and prosperous land after the rich decide they don’t want to pay taxes anymore. They tell the people that there is no alternative, but the people aren’t so sure. This land bears a startling resemblance to our land. For more info, www.cft.org. © 2012 California Federation of Teachers