- 10 a.m. – Steve Hine, DEED Labor Market Information Office research director will announce the state’s unemployment rate and employment figures for April 2015.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- May 21 – MYDFL Central Committee meeting, 6:15 p.m., Rondo Community Library, 461 N Dale St., St. Paul.
- May 21 – The Hennepin County DFL Senior Caucus will meet at 12:30 p.m. at Maria’s Cafe, 1113 E Franklin Ave., Minneapolis. The speaker will be Lee Graczyk, lead organizer for RxRights.org. He is knowledgeable on the politics of Prescription Medicine.
- May 31 – Stonewall DFL – Political Support Committee will meet at 1 p.m. to screen candidates for CD 2 at DFL Headquarters. A board meeting will follow the Political Support Meeting and will be voting on the recommendation of the Political Support Committee for CD 2 endorsement.
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
Save the date!
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 7 – Senate District 42 hosts “Pints and Politics,” 6 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1000 Gramsie Rd, Shoreview
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Legislators put budget together, but it’s not a done deal, Minnesota Budget Project
2015 special session
Basic facts about the Legislature’s special session, Duluth News Tribune
Sen. Bakk wants underground garage for State Capitol, Star Tribune
Legislature mandates tuition cuts at 2-year colleges, Star Tribune
Health and human services
Budget deal on MinnesotaCare triples out-of-pocket costs, raises premiums for working Minnesotans, Minnesota Budget Project
Twin Cities department store cleaners sue over wages, overtime, Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal
Experts say railroad funding is key to safety, Star Tribune