- 7:30 a.m. – DFL Chairman Ken Martin and GOP Chairman Keith Downey speak to the North Metro Chamber of Commerce, the Mermaid, Mounds View.
- 1:15 p.m. – Gov. Dayton will visit a preschool classroom and talk with teachers, parents, administrators, and area legislators about the benefits of preschool for all Minnesota students. Westview Elementary, 225 Garden View Dr., Apple Valley.
- 7 p.m. – Gov. Mark Dayton appears on “Almanac” at the top of the show. It ends with DFL Chairman Ken Martin and GOP Chairman Keith Downey talking about the 2015 Legislative Session.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- May 31 – Stonewall DFL – Political Support Committee will meet at 1 p.m. to screen candidates for CD 2 at DFL Headquarters. A board meeting will follow the Political Support Meeting and will be voting on the recommendation of the Political Support Committee for CD 2 endorsement.
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
Save the date!
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 7 – Senate District 42 hosts “Pints and Politics,” 6 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1000 Gramsie Rd, Shoreview.
- June 14 – DFL Women’s Hall of Fame Award Luncheon, 11 a.m., Double Tree, 7800 Normandale Blvd, Bloomington. Click here for more information.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Range provisions could be in jeopardy, Mesabi Daily News
2015 special session
Sen. Franken jumps on Cuba bandwagon, plans visit, Star Tribune
Dayton formally vetoes education bill, Pioneer Press
Universal school readiness requires universal access, Star Tribune
Put Minnesota water quality first by vetoing bill, Star Tribune
Health and human services
Health and human services budget combines some good investments with harmful changes,Minnesota Budget Project
In accordance with the proclamation issued today by President Barack Obama, Governor Mark Dayton has ordered all United States flags and Minnesota flags to be flown at half-staff at all state and federal buildings in the State of Minnesota, from sunrise until noon on Monday, May 25, in honor of those who have served on our behalf this Memorial Day.
Minnesota State Auditor suspects political plot against her, Duluth News Tribune
‘Duct tape’ doesn’t work for roads: Advocates push for long-term transportation funding from St. Paul, Bemidji PioneerWinkler, Ryan