- 11 a.m. – U.S. Labor Secretary Thomas Perez will meet with Gov. Mark Dayton, St. Paul Mayor Chris Coleman, Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges and U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison, as part of his “Lead on Leave” tour. The event takes place at an UCare facility on Stinson Boulevard. The independent, nonprofit health plan serves members in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- Gov. Dayton will meet with Speaker Kurt Daudt to begin negotiating the terms and details of the special session.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- May 31 – Stonewall DFL – Political Support Committee will meet at 1 p.m. to screen candidates for CD 2 at DFL Headquarters. A board meeting will follow the Political Support Meeting and will be voting on the recommendation of the Political Support Committee for CD 2 endorsement.
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
Save the date!
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 7 – Senate District 42 hosts “Pints and Politics,” 6 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1000 Gramsie Rd, Shoreview.
- June 14 – DFL Women’s Summit Hall of Fame, 11 a.m., Doubletree Bloomington, tickets available here.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
A legislative fight to the end, Rochester Post Bulletin
Jobs bill includes $35,000 for Delano’s July 4 parade, Pioneer Press
2015 Legislature’s top moments, Pioneer Press
Session a success or flop for Greater Minnesota, Grand Forks Herald
Top 10 missed opportunities of 2015 Legislature, Star Tribune
2015 special session
With more budget vetoes, session and shutdown preparations begin, Capitol Chatter
Iowa Straw Poll loses its relevance, Star Tribune
Iowa Straw Poll on deathwatch? The Hill
Dayton wrong on early-childhood education, Grand Forks Herald
The elements of an E-12 deal for Minnesota are present, Star Tribune
Anderson: Dayton’s waterways interest draws attention, Star Tribune
Legacy bill heads to special session, Pioneer Press
Minnesota Republicans block the way of true progress, Morrison County Record
Health and human services
Health care bill a victory for Greater Minnesota, West Central Tribune
Unions sort out wins, losses in legislative session, Workday Minnesota
For MNsure, attracting small businesses is a big problem, Star Tribune
Dayton vetoes ag-environment and jobs-energy bills, St. Cloud Times
Gov. Mark Dayton vetoes jobs, environment bills, Star Tribune