- 7 p.m. – $15 an hour now and a union panel discussion. Hear from a panel of activists in the on-going campaign for $15 NOW, including airport workers, fast food workers, healthcare workers, big box cleaners, and even college professors. The call for “$15 NOW and a union” has captured the imaginations of working people across the United States. April 15 saw strikes take place in more than 230 cities. East Side Freedom Library, 1105 Greenbrier St., St. Paul.
- Gov. Dayton will attend the Woodrow Wilson Center Awards Dinner.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- May 31 – Stonewall DFL – Political Support Committee will meet at 1 p.m. to screen candidates for CD 2 at DFL Headquarters. A board meeting will follow the Political Support Meeting and will be voting on the recommendation of the Political Support Committee for CD 2 endorsement.
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
Save the date!
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 7 – Senate District 42 hosts “Pints and Politics,” 6 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1000 Gramsie Rd, Shoreview.
- June 14 – DFL Women’s Hall of Fame, 11 a.m., Doubletree Bloomington, tickets available here.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Slow down Minnesota Legislature’s ’11th-hour express’, Star Tribune
Frustration goes across the state, West Central Tribune
2015 special session
Dayton: We want to get this resolved as swiftly as possible, Pioneer Press
Special session now has a site: State Office Building, Star Tribune
Back DFL, Dayton in putting kids first, St. Cloud Times
Vermont Sanders kicks off election to Clinton’s left, Star Tribune
Presidential campaign announcement mania ahead, Star Tribune
2016 field grows more crowded, The Hill
Home care workers celebrate passage of historic first contract, Workday Minnesota
Major League Soccer