- 9 a.m. – Gov. Dayton and Lt. Gov. Smith will meet with Speaker of the House Daudt.
- 10 a.m. – Sen. Klobuchar and St. Paul Mayor Coleman will host Irish Ambassador Anne Anderson to highlight the importance of strengthening cultural, economic, and diplomatic ties between the United States and Ireland. Klobuchar, Minnesota’s first elected female U.S. senator, will also highlight the importance of women in leadership with Anderson, who is the first female Irish ambassador to the United States.
- 1:40 p.m. – Sen. Franken will be at his St. Paul office, where he will discuss his recent five-day trip to Cuba and the potential benefits to Minnesota that can come from improved relations with that country. Immediately following that, he will announce the winners of his fourth annual Poetry Contest for Minnesota students and present them with their awards.
- 10 a.m. – Sen. Bernie Sanders will be in Minnesota to kick off his Presidential campaign. American Indian Center, 1530 E Franklin Ave, Minneapolis.
Constituency Caucus meetings
- May 31 – Stonewall DFL – Political Support Committee will meet at 1 p.m. to screen candidates for CD 2 at DFL Headquarters. A board meeting will follow the Political Support Meeting and will be voting on the recommendation of the Political Support Committee for CD 2 endorsement.
- June 6 – The Senior DFL Caucus will hold its annual meeting at the Sheet Metal Workers Local #10, 1681 East Cope Avenue 55109, Maplewood.
Save the date!
- June 6 – Tickets are now on sale for the 4th Annual Humphrey-Mondale Dinner.
- June 7 – Senate District 42 hosts “Pints and Politics,” 6 p.m., Hampton Inn, 1000 Gramsie Rd, Shoreview.
- June 14 – DFL Women’s Hall of Fame, 11 a.m., Doubletree Bloomington, tickets available here.
- June 20 – Registration is now open for the DFL Training Summit. Attend and learn how you can help the party build to win, built to last.
Echo Press Editorial: Legislature fails to get job done – again, Alexandria Echo Press
2015 special session
Minnesota budget negotiators looking to compromise, Duluth News Tribune
Sen. Bernie Sanders to visit Minneapolis Sunday, Star Tribune
The pre-K post talk sidebar, Pioneer Press
Pro pre-school consensus marred by divisions over details, Pioneer Press
Minneapolis Veterans Home receives $38M to complete project, Pioneer Press