- 9 a.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Norman County Deputy Auditors-Treasurers Tammy Kappes and Donna Hanson. 16 3rd Ave. E., Ada.
- 10 a.m. – DEED will announce the state’s unemployment rate and employment figures for October 2015.
- 10:30 a.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Mahnomen County Crime Victim Services and Safe at Home Application Assistant. Mahnomen County Attorney’s Office-Mahnomen County Courthouse, Level 5 in the Commissioner’s Meeting Room, 311 N. Main St., Mahnomen.
- Noon – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Lakes Crisis and Resource Center and Safe at Home Application Assistant. 1339 Pelican Ln., Detroit Lakes.
- Noon (EST) – The U.S. House of Representatives will meet for legislative business, with plans to vote on a bill to limit entry by Syrian and Iraqi refugees.
- 12:30 p.m. – The Hennepin County DFL Senior Caucus will meet at Maria’s Cafe, 1113 E Franklin Ave., Minneapolis.
- 2 p.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Rape and Abuse Crisis Center of Fargo-Moorhead and Safe at Home Application Assistant. Clay County Courthouse, 3rd Floor Boardroom, 807 11th St. N., Moorhead.
- 3:15 p.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Fargo Moorhead West Fargo Chamber of Commerce President/CEO Craig Whitney. 202 1st Ave. N., Moorhead.
- 4 p.m. – The funeral service for arts patron and department store heir Bruce Dayton is at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1200 Marquette Ave., Minneapolis. The funeral will be streamed on the church’s website.
- 4:15 p.m. – Secretary of State Steve Simon meets with Clay County Auditor-Treasurer Lori Johnson. 807 11th St. N., Moorhead.
Mark your calendars
- Nov. 20 – Chelsea Clinton will be at Red Balloon Bookshop, 891 Grand Ave., St. Paul, at 5p.m. to sign her new book, “It’s Your World: Get Informed, Get Inspired, and Get Going!” The book signing is free with a book purchase. Details can be found here: http://www.redballoonbookshop.com/event/chelsea-clinton.
- Dec. 13 – Moms Demand Action: How to Keep Our Kids Safe. This free forum on preventing gun violence will be held at 2 p.m. at the Dakota County Library, 1340 Wescott Rd., Eagan. Guest speakers include Sen. Jim Carlson and Rep. Dan Schoen.
- Nov. 21 – CD 6 Unity Dinner – Drawn Together. 5 p.m., Teamsters Local 120, Blaine. Keynote speaker is Congressman Tim Walz. Click here for ticket information.
- Dec. 1 – Senate District 37 DFL will host a Chili Cook Off and Silent Auction at 6:30 p.m. at the Club West Club House, 11211 Club W Parkway, Blaine.
- Dec. 2 – SD54 DFL, River Oaks Golf Course, 11099 S Hwy 61, Cottage Grove, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Dec. 13 – Senate District 58 DFL will host its winter fundraiser from 4 – 7 p.m. at Carbone’s, 10 N 8th St., Farmington. The tickets, which are $20, are available by mail: SD 58 DFL, 8251 166th St. W, Lakeville, MN 55044.
- Jan. 29 – Congressional District 2 DFL will host A Taste of Mardi Gras. The event takes place from 7 – 11 p.m. at Neisen’s Bar & Grill, 4851 W 123rd St., Savage. Suggested contribution is $40 and tickets can be purchased online at www.dflcd2.com.
Rubio lands billionaire GOP donor Frank VanderSloot, Washington Post
Trump rises after Paris attacks, The Hill
SEIU hits GOP field on immigration, The Hill
Miners out of work fear Minnesota’s iron mining future, Northland News Center
Our two Americas, in 1 map, Washington Post
Why fear is more prevalent — and powerful — among conservatives, Washington Post
It’s on: Rubio and Cruz clash over immigration and the GOP’s future, Washington Post
Islamic State of Iraq
Rep. Tom Emmer seeks declaration of war on ISIL, Star Tribune
Picketing at U faces on parental leave, Workday Minnesota
Workers occupy lobby of Super America headquarters, Workday Minnesota
Bakk weighs in on special session, Mesabi Daily News
Minneapolis police shooting
North Minneapolis: Caught in the middle, Star Tribune
Minneapolis police, protesters clash at 4th Precinct, Pioneer Press
Daudt, Dayton at odds over national Syrian refugee program, Pioneer Press
Cruz to Obama: Insult me to my face, Washington Post
Obama, GOP ramp up for refugee fight, The Hill
2015 has seen six terror attacks deadlier than Paris, Washington Post