- Noon – Lessard-Sams Outdoor Heritage Council, Earl B. Olson Addition Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center, 12718 10th St. NE, Spicer.
- 1 p.m. – House Joint Education Finance and Education Innovation Policy committees will meet, Room 200, State Office Building.
- 3 p.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith will provide remarks at U.S. Highway 53 relocation groundbreaking ceremony. Curl Mesabi Curling Club, 901 Hat Trick Ave., Eveleth.
- 5:30 p.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith will attend the Governor’s Deer Opener Community Expo, 8586 Enterprise Dr. S, Mountain Iron.
- 6:30 p.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith will provide remarks at the Governor’s Deer Opener banquet, 8586 Enterprise Dr. S, Mountain Iron.
Mark your calendars
- Nov. 10 – North Metro Chapter, DFL Senior Caucus, 11:30 a.m., Little Venetian Inn, Little Canada, speaker Ramsey County Sheriff, Matt Bostrom.
- Nov. 10 – #ReclaimOurCity – Working Families March. Low-wage workers from across Minneapolis will march for $15, paid sick days, fair scheduling, and an end to wage theft in our workplaces, in Minneapolis, and in all Minnesota. 5:30 a.m. University and Broadway, NE Minneapolis. 7:30 a.m. Macy’s in Downtown Minneapolis (700 Nicollet Mall). 9:30 a.m. Minneapolis City Hall.
- Nov. 10 – The GOP candidates for president will debate in Milwaukee. The debate is sponsored by Fox Business Network and the Wall Street Journal.
- Nov. 10 – Congressman Ellison will host a Summit on the Economic Reality of Black Minnesotans from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Franklin Middle School, 1501 Aldrich Ave N, Minneapolis. The event is co-hosted by Sen. Bobby Joe Champion and Rep. Rena Moran. This summit will feature two panels: the first to share the economic reality Black Minnesotans face and the second to lay out solutions, including saving and wealth building, entrepreneurship, combating mass incarceration, and wages and benefits.
- Nov. 11 – Minnesota DFL Education Priorities and Progress – A Town Hall Event, 6:30 p.m. Hosted by the Senate District 61 DFL Central Committee. The event will cover recent activity in the Minnesota legislature and progress toward the DFL Action Agenda, along with hopes and dreams for the 2016 session. Parents of school age children and taxpayers that provide education support through the state budget and local levies are encouraged to attend, become informed, ask questions, and discuss ideas with legislators and key communicators. Panelists include: Rep. Thissen; Sen. Torres Ray; and Josh Crosson from Education Minnesota.
- Nov. 14 – The Democratic National Committee, CBS News, Twitter, Drake University, KCCI, The Des Moines Register, and the Iowa Democratic Party will host the second Democratic National Committee Presidential Primary Debate from Drake University in Iowa. The debate will be broadcast live exclusively on the CBS. CBS News Political Director and Moderator of Face the Nation, John Dickerson, will be the principal moderator.
- Nov. 14 – Olmsted 25 DFL, SD 25 DFL, SD 26 DFL will host a “Big Tent Debate Watching Party” for the Democratic Presidential Debate. All Democrats and friends are invited. The party will be in the lower level of the downtown VFW Post 1215, 16 6th Street SW in Rochester. This is a union establishment. Appetizers will be served. People attending will purchase their own beverages. Since we are serving food, youth are welcome to join us. No cost to attend.
- Nov. 10 – SD 44 DFL will host “The-Never-Too-Early-To-Think-About-The-Next-Election” Chili Cookoff and Silent Auction. 6 p.m., LTD Brewing Co., 8 8th Ave., Hopkins. www.dflsd44.org
DFL SD 44 | Ordinary Citizens, Extraordinary Democracy
Join Us! SD 44 Central Committee Meeting. Monday, November 2, 2015 6:30 Socializing, 7:00 Meeting Minnetonka Community Center Senate District 44http://www.dflsd44.org/
- Nov. 21 – CD 6 Unity Dinner – Drawn Together. 5 p.m., Teamsters Local 120, Blaine. Keynote speaker is Congressman Tim Walz. Click here for ticket information.
- Nov. 27 – DFL Senior Caucus Gala Celebration. Royal Cliff Banquet Center, 2280 Cliff Rd, Eagan. Registration 3 p.m., program 4 p.m. and dinner buffet 5:30 p.m. There will be guest speakers and DFL elected officials. Tickets are $20 for this great conversation and exceptional Italian dinner.
- Dec. 2 – SD54 DFL, River Oaks Golf Course, 11099 S Hwy 61, Cottage Grove, 6 – 8 p.m.
Quiet polls curse of off-off-year elections, Pioneer Press
Educators praise election results, Workday Minnesota
Donald Trump ads will soon hit early voting states, Washington Post
Florida family feud: They support Jeb Bush but like Marco Rubio, Washington Post
Final draft of GOP debate letter comes together, Washington Post
Class-action school desegregation suit planned against state, Pioneer Press
AFL-CIO launches national survey of working women, Workday Minnesota
Where is the public benefit from Hy-Vee subsidy? Workday Minnesota
Former UnitedHealth exec named MNsure CEO finalist, Pioneer Press
Voters reject ranked-choice voting, Duluth News Tribune