- 2 p.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith will provide remarks at the Minnesota Housing Finance Authority’s affordable housing awards announcement. Ashland Place, 1990 Ashland Drive Northwest, Rochester.
- 5:30 p.m. – MYDFL kicks off a series of social and networking events at Bull Run Coffee. 3346 Lyndale Ave S, Minneapolis.
- 6:30 p.m. – State Rep. Leon Lillie (DFL – North St. Paul), Rep. Peter Fischer (DFL-Maplewood), Rep. JoAnn Ward (DFL-Woodbury), and Sen. Chuck Wiger (DFL-Maplewood) are hosting a pollinator policy forum which will be moderated by Rep. Rick Hansen (DFL-South St. Paul) at the Maplewood Community Center.
Mark your calendars
- Oct. 24 – The DFL African American Caucus will hold its monthly meet at 10 a.m. at East Lake Library, 2727 E Lake St., Minneapolis.
- Nov. 3 – Election Day! Check your ballots here http://bit.ly/1oqFLFD.
- Oct. 24 – Pizza, Pie & Politicians DFL SD48 Fall Function! 6 – 9:30 p.m. at Homeward Hills Park Barn, 12000 Silverwood Dr., Eden Prairie. (more info)
- Oct. 25 – Senate District 14 DFL will host the Wellstone Dinner, 5 p.m., Courtyard Marriott, 404 W Saint Germain St., St. Cloud. Click here for tickets.
- Oct. 25 – Congressional District 4 DFL will host the Vento Dinner 2015. Doors open at 4 p.m. New location – Midpoint Event Center, St. Paul. Sarah Stoesz, President and CEO of Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota will be joining the CD4 Vento Dinner. For ticket information, go here https://www.dfl.org/cd4/bruce-vento-dinner-tickets-2/ .
- Nov. 1 – CD 1 DFL will host its Autumn Dinner with Congressman Tim Walz. The keynote speaker is DNC Vice Chair R.T. Rybak. Special guests include Secretary of State Steve Simon and Attorney General Lori Swanson. 5 p.m., Owatonna Veterans of Foreign Wars, 135 Oakdale St., Owatonna. Please RSVP by Oct. 21 with meal choice (turkey dinner or vegetarian lasagna) to Shawn Groth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nov. 4 – CD3 DFL Fall Fundraising Event: An Evening with Vice President Walter Mondale, moderated by Don Shelby. The 7 p.m. event will be held at Hughes Pavilion, Centennial Lakes, 7499 France Ave. S, Edina. Tickets may be purchased online at www.dfl3cd.org. Reservations can also be made by mail. Checks should be payable to CD 3 DFL and mailed to Nancy Parris, 8350 Airport Rd, Waconia, MN 55387.
- Nov. 7 – DFL Senior Caucus Fall Gala. Program begins at 4 p.m., buffet dinner at 5:30 p.m. Royal Cliff Banquet Center, 2280 Cliff Road, Eagan. Reserve your tickets by contacting John Larva at email@example.com or 612-246-4449.
- Nov. 10 – SD 44 DFL will host “The-Never-Too-Early-To-Think-About-The-Next-Election” Chili Cookoff and Silent Auction. 6 p.m., LTD Brewing Co., 8 8th Ave., Hopkins.
- Nov. 21 – CD 6 Unity Dinner – Drawn Together. 5 p.m., Teamsters Local 120, Blaine. Keynote speaker is Congressman Tim Walz. Ticket information coming soon.
Full text: Biden’s announcement that he won’t run for president, Washington Post
Why Joe Biden running for president would have been a very bad idea, Washington Post
Is Hillary Clinton a liberal? Increasingly, Democrats say yes. Washington Post
Why Jeb Bush and Donald Trump are so eager to fight about 9/11, Washington Post
Trump nears 100 days on top, The Hill
Trump tells packed Iowa crowd he’ll beat Hillary, Des Moines Register
Black Lives Matter
Back to the (democratic) future, Pioneer Press
Secretary of state spotlights domestic violence program, Fergus Falls Journal
Ryan has votes to become speaker, The Hill
Home health care workers reaffirm support for their union, Workday Minnesota
Canadian unions cheer as voters toss out conservative party, Workday Minnesota
Adjunct faculty at Hamline seek support for first contract, Workday Minnesota
Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources
Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources, Pioneer Press
End the inhumane detention of refugee women and children, Star Tribune
Reusse: Minnesota is the new sports facilities capital, Star Tribune