- Gov. Dayton will visit the Gilt Edge Mine in South Dakota, as part of his review and consideration of the PolyMet project proposal.
- 10:30 a.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith, Agriculture Commissioner Dave Frederickson, and local legislators will celebrate Farm-to-School Month at Glen Lake Elementary. Glen Lake Elementary, 4801 Woodridge Road, Minnetonka.
- Lt. Gov. Smith will tour The Family Partnership, an early learning center in Minneapolis.
Mark your calendars
- Oct. 28 – Social lunch for DFL Seniors, 12:30 p.m., Riverside Perkins Family Restaurant I-94 & Riverside Ave, Minneapolis.
- Nov. 3 – Election Day! Check your ballots here http://bit.ly/1oqFLFD.
- Nov. 11 – Minnesota DFL Education Priorities and Progress – A Town Hall Event, 6:30 p.m. Hosted by the Senate District 61 DFL Central Committee. The event will cover recent activity in the Minnesota legislature and progress toward the DFL Action Agenda, along with hopes and dreams for the 2016 session. Parents of school age children and taxpayers that provide education support through the state budget and local levies are encouraged to attend, become informed, ask questions, and discuss ideas with legislators and key communicators. Panelists include: Rep. Thissen; Sen. Torres Ray; and Josh Crosson from Education Minnesota.
- Nov. 1 – CD 1 DFL will host its Autumn Dinner with Congressman Tim Walz. The keynote speaker is DNC Vice Chair R.T. Rybak. Special guests include Secretary of State Steve Simon and Attorney General Lori Swanson. 5 p.m., Owatonna Veterans of Foreign Wars, 135 Oakdale St., Owatonna. Please RSVP by Oct. 21 with meal choice (turkey dinner or vegetarian lasagna) to Shawn Groth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nov. 4 – CD3 DFL Fall Fundraising Event: An Evening with Vice President Walter Mondale, moderated by Don Shelby. The 7 p.m. event will be held at Hughes Pavilion, Centennial Lakes, 7499 France Ave. S, Edina. Tickets may be purchased online at www.dfl3cd.org. Reservations can also be made by mail. Checks should be payable to CD 3 DFL and mailed to Nancy Parris, 8350 Airport Rd, Waconia, MN 55387.
3rd Congressional District DFL | MN Democratic-Farmer Labor
We can’t do it without you! CD3 DFL is a volunteer organization. Come lend a hand in electing Democrats in our district. Read more…
- Nov. 7 – DFL Senior Caucus Fall Gala. Program begins at 4 p.m., buffet dinner at 5:30 p.m. Royal Cliff Banquet Center, 2280 Cliff Road, Eagan. Reserve your tickets by contacting John Larva at email@example.com or 612-246-4449.
- Nov. 10 – SD 44 DFL will host “The-Never-Too-Early-To-Think-About-The-Next-Election” Chili Cookoff and Silent Auction. 6 p.m., LTD Brewing Co., 8 8th Ave., Hopkins.
- Nov. 21 – CD 6 Unity Dinner – Drawn Together. 5 p.m., Teamsters Local 120, Blaine. Keynote speaker is Congressman Tim Walz. Ticket information coming soon.
Democrats see strange new hope in two red state races, Washington Post
Endorsements: Our seven picks for St. Paul City Council, Star Tribune
No party for Jim Webb, or for Americans like him, Star Tribune
Is Jeb Bush toast? MPR
Trump injects faith into GOP race, The Hill
Benghazi committee: this is what it sounds like when the dopes cry, mn progressive project
Fantasy sports betting
Rep. Joe Atkins to propose fantasy sports legislation, Star Tribune
Minnesota lawmaker proposes regulating FanDuel, DraftKings, Pioneer Press
GOP dysfunction all started with Sarah Palin pick, Star Tribune
State officials visit Rochester to emphasize housing needs, Rochester Post Bulletin
DEED to launch workforce housing program, Grand Rapids Herald
Mayo plan to remake Rochester slow to gather steam, Star Tribune
Rybak authors book about tenure as Mpls. mayor, Star Tribune
Safe at Home
Safe at Home protects abuse victims, St. Cloud Times