- Gov. Mark Dayton will visit the Eagle Mine in Michigan, as part of his review and consideration of the PolyMet project proposal.
- 2 p.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith will chair a meeting of the Advisory Committee on Capitol Area Security. Fifth Floor Conference Room, Veterans Service Building, 20 West 12th St., St. Paul.
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Not sure you can vote Tuesday? Local election offices (typically a county courthouse, but some cities have election offices too) are open for voting today.
- 5 p.m. – CD 1 DFL will host its Autumn Dinner with Congressman Tim Walz. The keynote speaker is DNC Vice Chair R.T. Rybak. Special guests include Secretary of State Steve Simon and Attorney General Lori Swanson. Owatonna Veterans of Foreign Wars, 135 Oakdale St., Owatonna.
Mark your calendars
- Nov. 3 – Election Day! Check your ballots here http://bit.ly/1oqFLFD.
- Nov. 11 – Minnesota DFL Education Priorities and Progress – A Town Hall Event, 6:30 p.m. Hosted by the Senate District 61 DFL Central Committee. The event will cover recent activity in the Minnesota legislature and progress toward the DFL Action Agenda, along with hopes and dreams for the 2016 session. Parents of school age children and taxpayers that provide education support through the state budget and local levies are encouraged to attend, become informed, ask questions, and discuss ideas with legislators and key communicators. Panelists include: Rep. Thissen; Sen. Torres Ray; and Josh Crosson from Education Minnesota.
- Nov. 4 – CD3 DFL Fall Fundraising Event: An Evening with Vice President Walter Mondale, moderated by Don Shelby. The 7 p.m. event will be held at Hughes Pavilion, Centennial Lakes, 7499 France Ave. S, Edina. Tickets may be purchased online at www.dfl3cd.org.
- Nov. 7 – DFL Senior Caucus Fall Gala. Program begins at 4 p.m., buffet dinner at 5:30 p.m. Royal Cliff Banquet Center, 2280 Cliff Road, Eagan. Reserve your tickets by contacting John Larva at email@example.com or 612-246-4449.
- Nov. 10 – SD 44 DFL will host “The-Never-Too-Early-To-Think-About-The-Next-Election” Chili Cookoff and Silent Auction. 6 p.m., LTD Brewing Co., 8 8th Ave., Hopkins.
- Nov. 21 – CD 6 Unity Dinner – Drawn Together. 5 p.m., Teamsters Local 120, Blaine. Keynote speaker is Congressman Tim Walz. Click here for ticket information.
- Dec. 2 – SD54 DFL, River Oaks Golf Course, 11099 S Hwy 61, Cottage Grove, 6 – 8 p.m.
Jeb Bush: Going after Rubio ‘wasn’t a mistake,’ Washington Post
Cruz says he raised $1.1 million since debate, Washington Post
Gov. Christie, time to go home, New York Times
Senate approves two-year bipartisan budget agreement, Washington Post
Senate Oks budget bill, sending it to Obama, Star Tribune
Budget deal: Winners and losers, The Hill
Paul Ryan elected House speaker, Washington Post
Has the Marco Moment arrived? Washington Post
New day for House as Ryan becomes 54th speaker, Star Tribune
Workers take message to Pearsons Halloween party, Workday Minnesota
Sun Country, pilots sign five-year contract, Star Tribune
Counterpoint: Union-bashing views also ‘rigid,’ Star Tribune
Today in history
Sex offender program