- 9:00 a.m. – State Auditor Rebecca Otto will greet guests at the DFL booth at the State Fair.
- 9:45 a.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith speaks at Military Appreciation Day at the State Fair.
- 10:00 a.m. – Sen. Amy Klobuchar will sign copies of her book at the DFL booth at the Minnesota State Fair.
- 10:45 a.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith visits the Minnesota State Council on Disabilities booth at the State Fair.
- 11:30 a.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith will take part in a conversation with Minnesota Farmers Union President Doug Peterson and Lynn Kettleson on Linder Farm Network from the Minnesota Farmers Union booth at the State Fair.
Mark your calendar
- Sept. 6 – Congressman Keith Ellison will host his annual Labor Day Picnic. Noon, Wabun Park, 4655 46th Ave. S, Minneapolis, Picnic Area D. Please RSVP www.keithellison.org/2015laborbbq Donations will be accepted for the Second Harvest Food Shelf.
2015 special election
Lots of choices in northern Minnesota House election, Pioneer Press
Walker’s talk about Canadian border wall draws derision, Pioneer Press
Board to discuss lobbyist contributions to Walker campaign, Pioneer Press
Two-thirds of Iowa Republicans want a president from outside of government, The Washington Post
Donald Trump upends Republican economic message, Star Tribune
Is Walker a Pawlenty rerun? West Central Tribune
4 numbers that explain this whole Donald Trump thing, The Washington Post
- Republicans want an outsider; Democrats don’t
- People hate congressional Republicans, including Republicans
- Trust in government
- They’re not purists
Black Lives Matter
Black Lives Matter St. Paul plans Dayton protest on Summit Ave., Pioneer Press
Those numbers are really bad for the four congressional Republicans running for president — Sens. Ted Cruz (Tex.), Lindsey Graham (S.C.), Rand Paul (Ky.) and Marco Rubio (Fla.) — and perhaps, by extension, the governors, former governors and former senators in the race, all of whom are only a hop skip away in voters’ minds from the political establishment. The Washington Post
Walz says fiscal issues should take priority, Austin Daily Herald
Democratic National Committee
Polluted? Clean? An interactive map of Minnesota’s lakes, Pioneer Press
President Obama is reaching the magic number on the Iran deal, The Washington Post
New poll shows how sharply partisan the debate on Iran has become, The Washington Post
As term winds down, Obama champions workers’ rights, New York Times