- In observance of the fourteenth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, Governor Mark Dayton has ordered all United States flags and Minnesota flags be flown at half-staff at all state and federal buildings in the State of Minnesota from sunrise until sunset.
- 11 a.m. – Lt. Gov. Smith will announce the findings of a new report about the impact of the water technology industry in Minnesota. Cowles Auditorium, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, 301 19th Ave. S, Minneapolis.
- Noon – Lt. Gov. Smith will join water technology industry leaders for a news conference to discuss the report (The Humphrey Forum, Humphrey School of Public Affairs, 301 19th Ave. S, Minneapolis.
- Gov. Dayton will host a reception at the Governor’s Residence honoring retiring Minnesota Supreme Court Associate Justice Alan Page.
- 8 p.m. – Gov. Dayton will provide remarks at the Veterans Voices Award Ceremony. University of St. Thomas, Anderson Student Center, 2115 Summit Ave., St. Paul.
Mark your calendars
- Sept. 17 – DFL Senior Caucus will meet at 12:30 p.m. at Maria’s Cafe, 1113 E Franklin Ave., Minneapolis.
- Oct. 11 – Congressional District 1 will hold a FDR dinner at the Kahler Hotel in Rochester. The keynote speaker is Javier Morillo-Alicea, SEIU #26 President, political commentator and activist. He will share stories about his entry into progressive politics. DFL elected officials and candidates will also speak. For more information or tickets, contact Randy at 651-210-3981 (email@example.com) or Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nov. 4 — CD3 DFL’s An Evening Conversation with Vice President Mondale and Don Shelby, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m., details coming soon.
2015 special election
Norton won’t seek re-election, mulls mayoral bid, Rochester Post Bulletin
Rep. Norton won’t run for reelection, Pioneer Press
Sauk may seek Norton’s seat, Rochester Post Bulletin
Congressional District 2
Sen. Dave Thompson says no to Second District run, Pioneer Press
How does Jeb Bush plan to become the GOP front-runner again? Washington Post
9/11: How to be true to the memory of this day, Star Tribune
No more quarterly campaign filings from Dayton¸ Pioneer Press
Rep. Tina Liebling: Despite UCare objections, bidding is good for all of us, Rochester Post Bulletin
Policies play a big role in the nation’s racial wealth gap, Minnesota Budget Project
Senate Democrats just pinned a bow on Obama’s Iran deal, Washington Post
Influential pro-Israel group suffers stinging political defeat, New York Times
Unions laud victory for worker rights at North Memorial, Workday Minnesota
Major League Soccer
Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota
The Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota’s annual celebration of survival, TC Daily Planet
GOP in quagmire over refugees, The Hill
Minnesota congressman calls for inquiry into VA brain exams, Pioneer Press