- 7 a.m. – Polls open for the DFL special election primary in Dist. 3A.
- 8:30 a.m. – Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources meet and will hear proposals for the Environmental and Natural Resources Trust Fund.
- Noon – University of Minnesota unions will hold a “Rally for Raises and Respect” on Northrop Mall on the East Bank of the University’s Minneapolis campus.
- Gov. Dayton will visit Neighborhood House in St. Paul.
- The Senate Capital Investment Committee visits Staples, Fergus Falls, Moorhead, and Detroit Lakes
Mark your calendars
- Oct. 8 – The East Central Chapter of the Minnesota DFL Senior Caucus will meet at Bowe’s Restaurant and Bar, 118 Railroad Ave N E in Mora. Lunch will be at noon with the meeting starting at I p.m. Featured speaker will be Don Samuelson, former president of the Minnesota Senate. He has been active in Health and Human Services as well as current Chair of the Minnesota Board on Aging.
- Oct. 10 – The College Democrats of Minnesota are holding a 2015 Fall Leadership Summit. Noon, Teamsters Council Joint 32, Minneapolis.
- Oct. 13 – The first Democratic debate takes place in Las Vegas. It will air on CNN.
- Oct. 11 – Senate Districts 25 and 26 will hold a FDR dinner at the Kahler Hotel in Rochester. The keynote speaker is Javier Morillo-Alicea, SEIU #26 President, political commentator and activist. He will share stories about his entry into progressive politics. DFL elected officials and candidates will also speak. For more information or tickets, contact Randy at 651-210-3981 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nancy at email@example.com.
- Oct. 17 – Le Sueur Co. DFL’s Annual Fall Fundraiser. American Legion Hall in Montgomery. The event includes a social hour (5 p.m.), dinner (6 p.m.), program and live auction (7 p.m.). Contact Janet Straub for tickets: 612-710-5783.
- Oct. 24 – Pizza, Pie & Politicians DFL SD48 Fall Function! 6 – 9:30 p.m. at Homeward Hills Park Barn, 12000 Silverwood Dr., Eden Prairie. (more info)
- Oct. 25 – Senate District 14 DFL will host the Wellstone Dinner, 5 p.m., Courtyard Marriott, 404 W Saint Germain St., St. Cloud. Click here for tickets.
- Nov. 4 – CD3 DFL Fall Fundraising Event: An Evening with Vice President Walter Mondale, moderated by Don Shelby. The 7 p.m. event will be held at Hughes Pavilion, Centennial Lakes, 7499 France Ave. S, Edina. Tickets may be purchased online at www.dfl3cd.org. Reservations can also be made by mail. Checks should be payable to CD 3 DFL and mailed to Nancy Parris, 8350 Airport Rd, Waconia, MN 55387.
2015 special election
Haseman running for District 23B House seat, St. James Plaindealer
Here’s what’s in Donald Trump’s tax plan, Washington Post
Team Biden: VPs time is now, The Hill
Lower-tier Dems in for CNN debate, The Hill
Guest Opinion: Thank you for making your voice heard on need for broadband, Brainerd Dispatch
Congressional Black Caucus
Minnesota delegation at Congressional Black caucus, Insight News
Data dive: Minnesota suburbs’ Democratic swing, Pioneer Press
3 former Duluth coaches file discrimination lawsuit, Star Tribune
Will tuition freeze be on the legislative agenda? Rochester Post Bulletin
Why John Boehner could never unify Republicans, Star Tribune
Minnesota Department of Transportation
Obama, Putin share tense UN showdown, The Hill
Obama and Putin outline competing visions on Syria, Washington Post
Calendar shows that Walker spent little time in Wisconsin, Pioneer Press