Many communities will have elections this November 3 for local city positions and school boards. If you don’t know if you have one in your community, check this link.
These elections typically have low turn out, which can keep good candidates from being elections by a handful of votes.
How can you help?
- check to see if you have an election
- verify your polling locations (school board only elections are controlled by the local school district, and have really small turnout — so polling locations are combined and probably won’t be where you vote in state- and nation-wide election
- mark your calendar, add a reminder
- call your progressive neighbors and plan to vote together
- go to your polling location November 3 and VOTE