The opportunity to succeed in life and create jobs in our economy is built on a world-class education. That is why Gov. Dayton is committed to improving educational opportunities for every Minnesotan, everywhere in Minnesota.
Make your voice heard
Contact your legislators and let them know you support investments in K-12 education and the State Grant Program because:
- Minnesota is falling behind the rest of the nation in educational opportunities; we rank only 19th out of the 50 states in our investments in students.
- Each year, Minnesota schools lose about 5,800 teachers to retirement and other issues; this hits Greater Minnesota communities hit especially hard. To expand opportunities for teachers, students, and communities across our state, the Dayton Opportunity Agenda includes an investment to help train and attract potential teachers.
- Gov. Dayton has proposed a $40 million investment in special education funding, which would ensure that every student has access to the same great education opportunities, everywhere in the state.
- By 2020, 65 percent of all jobs in the economy will require postsecondary education and training beyond high school.
- At the current rate, by 2020, the U.S. will fall short 5 million workers with postsecondary education.
- Our state’s prosperity depends on an education workforce and we cannot afford to price low- and middle-income students out of an education and the opportunity to succeed.
Please support the Governor’s work to create opportunities for all by reaching out to your legislators on one or all of these issues. A quick phone call or email to your DFL legislators will show your support to Build a Better Minnesota. Communicating with your legislators sends the message that you want a Minnesota where everyone can succeed.
To find your legislators and their contact information, click here.